Monday, October 6, 2008

Writing Assignment for Blocks 2 and 3

Pretend you are a reporter and you have been reporting on the Constitutional Convention as the delegtes worked to come up with a plan of government for America. You just found out that the delegates have come up with a new plan of government. Respond back to me with at least 4 good paragraphs describing what you might write upon learning about the new plan. This assignment is NOT extra credit, it is a regular assignment.

NO MORE EXTRA CREDIT GIVEN AFTER OCTOBER 23, 2008

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is this Assignment due?
I have a lot of work today, including Notes for your Class.
I was just wondering, because I don't want to fall behind on anything.
I am loaded down with School Work right now.
:[
-Nicole

Mr. Worf's Blog said...

Nicole,

Don't worry too much about it. It will not be due until Friday or maybe even Monday. You have lots of time. Thanks again for all your help today. I couldn't have done it without you!

Mr. Worf

Anonymous said...

Of course.
You ever need any Help, you can count on me.
:]
Okay, well, I'll try to finish by Friday, we'll just have to see how the rest of the week goes.
-Nicole

Ian said...

do you want this typed?

Mr. Worf's Blog said...

Ian,

I guess if you can find a way to post it in the comment space without typing it, go for it.

Mr. Worf

Ian said...

well could I go to microsoft word and type it and give it to you in class?

Pamela said...

I dont know where to type it ...do i type it here or no??? im confused....

Mr. Worf's Blog said...

Pam,

Type it in the comment box.

Mr. Worf

Anonymous said...

I have just received Information from George Washington, James Madison, and Benjamin Franklin themselves about just what exactly was discussed in the Philadelphia State House over the past four Months. What I have gathered is that it was a Time of Struggle and Frustration; yet it was greatly thought through, and shall be Valued by Americans for many years to come. Though the Original Plan was to Revise the Articles of Confederation, these 55 Amazing Men have created a whole New Document, The Constitution, and a whole New form of Government.
[[POSTING MY PAPER IN PIECES BEFORE I EMAIL IT, JUST TO BE SAFE]]
-Nicole Johnson
PS. DON'T STEAL ANY OF MY PAPER!!!

♥TraciNichole♥ said...

Traci Pyles here with The Unbelievable Newspaper. We’re waiting on the latest new on the Constitutional Convention.
We’re in Philadelphia were the meeting is taking place. May 1787 is going to be an important for the future Americans. This is one of the hottest summer on record. Fifty-five people are sitting in a littler room with all doors, and windows close. I would hate to be them.
There fifty-five delegates in one room. There are planter, merchants., lawyers, physicals, generals, governors, and a college president. Some of the delegates are James Madison(Father of Constitution), George Washington, Edmund Randolph, James Wilson, and Benjamin Franklin. That a lot of people I hope they can come up with an agreement.
Wait this was just in. Three of the delegates are under the age of thirty years old. One is over the age eighty years old, Benjamin Franklin.
George Washington and Benjamin Franklin ensure us that many people would trust the work of the Convention. James Wilson read Benjamin Franklin speeches and did important work on the details of the Constitution. Governor Morris, a powerful speaker and writer, wrote the final draft of the Constitution.
Well that all we have on the latest on the Constitutional Convention. So please tune to The Unbelievable News. We’ll come back with more information for you.

Anonymous said...

i will email it to u because i don't know if this is what your looking for!!!>?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danielle Smith said...

Danielle's Newspaper about the Constitutional Convention. In 1787 fifty-five men worked in a small hot room on the Constitution. Some of the men where George Washington, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin, and Alexander Hamilton, but John Adams and Thomas Jefferson did not attend the meeting. Those men argued, and did not agree on everything. They sat in that room for four long months and worked on the Constitution.
Then they decided to come up with a new plan. Some of the men disagreed. James Madison was concerned that they wouldn't get it finished in time. They have made some errors. Between 1781 and 1785 attempts to correct these errors.
Then they finally get it wrote.

Ian said...

Ian Morris with the newspaper. We are live outside of the building waiting for the important news. There are fifty-five people in the room and with all doors and windows closed, but we have just heard news that it is one of the hottest days that it has ever been they have to be dying in there.
I have just received new that three of the delegates are under the age of thirty years old and one of them is over eighty. The oldest one is Benjamin Franklin. Benjamin Franklin assured the U.S. that they will trust the Constitution. Governor Morris read the Constitution and wrote the final draft of the Constitution. One of the things that I heard about the Constitution was there will be no democratic or republican parties that they will be conjoined so that there are no politics involved in the government that everyone is on the same platform.
There are many people in that small hot room. There names are James Madison, George Washington, Edmund Randolph, James Wilson, and Benjamin Franklin. They all are an important roll on the Constitutional Convention they all have to agree on it to see if it passes through or not.
So far that is all the news that I have right now so stay right there and as soon as I get some I will report it to you.

Tyler said...

Tyler Cunningham with the Newspaper. It was the year of 1789. We are all outside the All of us reports have been waiting outside of the Constitution House for months now. We had know idea how long it would take because no one was allowed in side to see. The men hadn’t been out for months so they had to be dirty and smelly. We all thought this thing would have been over by now, but it just keeps getting longer.
I wanted to give up the first week after this has been going on, but I am still here. My assistant was with me for the first month, but then he gave up on me to, so now I am alone here with no one else I know. There is a lot of reporters here waiting for those doors to open and the men to walk out. We could only hope that it would be soon.
Just then, something different had happened. We heard a noise inside, and then one of the doors opened. It was George Washington. Everyone was going crazy. He told us that they had finally all agreed to the constitution and it had been signed. I couldn’t hardly hear anything it was so loud.
There was people coming from everywhere. More reporters was showing up by the minute. Then another one of the men walked out of the house, and another. They all kept coming. They were burning up since they had been in there for so long and looked awful Everyone outside could not believe it that they had all actually agreed on signing the Constitution.

Taylor said...

Reporting live from downtown Philadelphia, this is Taylor Somerville with updates on the close of the Constitutional Convention. After four long months of working on a plan of government for America, 55 delegates representing several states have finalized a plan on this Monday, September 17, 1787.
The Convention began May 25th when selected delegates from different states met in Pennsylvania State House. One of the first matters at hand was electing George Washington to serve as President of the Convention and making the rules that would route the proceedings. Other delegates included Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, and Alexander Hamilton.
Earlier this month, the final compromises were made and it came to a vote. Thirty nine out of fifty five delegates were in full support of the new Constitution. What an exciting accomplishment. What an exciting day for all Americans.
After business being closed and the signing ceremony complete, it was reported that the members adjourned from this building to a City Tavern. There they dined together and said their goodbyes. Stayed tuned to News Channel 10 at 6:00 for more updates.

Anonymous said...

Brandon Bain here with some truly stunning news. I'm currently in Philadelphia and yes it's true, The United States of America has a new constitution! I spoke wiht James Madison, Patrick Henry, and yes, George Washington! I have their comments about our new constitution.
We begin with James Madison, the writer of the new constitution. He told me "The Articles of Confederation were simply not appropriate for what this country is trying to establish itself to be." Apparently the economic troubles were too much for our old constitution. Not to mention the fact that the origional Articles didn't allow the government and Congress to tax it's people. Reminding me I'm glad that buffoon George is in Britan where he belongs.
Next is Patrick Henry, who at first opposed a new constitution. He said to me, "State's rights are important, and the first draft was just too much of a central government, but the compromises, such as the slave trading and the 3/5 compromise have made it worthy of a constitution of the United States." I suppose that means that Madison's ideas weren't exactly perfect. Ahh Patrick, never satisfied until he gets a piece of the action... just like in the Revouloution.
It's not official until the great George Washington had a say in this. He told me, "Brandon, I love this nation, and I now realize that the Articles just weren't good enough. Thankfully, some bright men got together and solved our problem. Now we may be a strong nation as one, not thirteen seperate countries. The bicameral house and proportional representation make this now, and unshakeable foundation for our new nation." A wise man indeed.
There you have it, our new constitution! It affects everyone indeed, allowing the government to call up militias to action, coin money, and so many other things. The framers, Federalists, and even the Anti-Federalists have made us a wonderful frame for the United States. We all should support our government by doing all we can to make this country as great as possible, and no pompous, rich, tea sipping Brit will take that away from us! This is Brandon Bain, signing off.

Megan said...

This is Megan Frymyer here at the constitutional convention in downtown Philidelpia.There are 55 men working in a hot stuffy room, just to make us free from Britain. This is very exciting, they were supposed to be just revising things, but eventually just rewrote it all. They will call it the constution, and it's going to be great. Some of the men in that room are Ben Franklin, James Madison, and George Washington, what a great group of guys. All I've heard so far is that everything is going great, and people are comprmising for the countrys sake. I think everyone in there know that us being a independent nation is a lot better then being under British Rule. George Washington just came out with some great news, after days of working hard, the constuition has been signed by all fifty-five men.What a great day for America, back to you at the station.